Music – it brings your wedding guests together and sets the mood at one of the biggest celebrations of your life, BUT it can also be a daunting task to create a playlist that everyone will be sure to enjoy. The experts here at Ball have gathered some tips on building the ultimate wedding reception playlist that perfectly fits you and your fiancé’s special day.
The first step is to decide whether you want to hire a professional or if you want to create a DIY playlist. Live bands and DJ’s will be pricier, but will also take some time and stress off your plate. Setting up, timing, and MC’ing are just a few parts the professionals can take care of. We do recommend still meeting the DJ or band and discussing genres of music and artists that you want or that you don’t want to hear at your celebration. Prior to your big day, talk about toasts, special “dances,” like father-daughter and the order of events that will take place, and then let them do their magic, while you dance the night away with loved ones!
The beauty in playing the part of DJ yourselves is having complete control over what is played at the wedding reception, and it can truly be a compilation of the bride and groom’s favorites! Here are some tips for creating a one-of-a-kind playlist for the big day.
- Make a list with your fiancé. This is the day about the two of you and the playlist should be a collaboration of all your favorites!
- Use an app like WeddingDJ. An app such as WeddingDJ is pre-programmed with all of the day’s events, which can keep you organized, along with ways for guests to request songs and make changes on the go.
- Ask for requests. A wedding reception can last up to 6 or more hours, so the more music, the better. Consider having a playlist making party prior to your big day with your family, the bridal party and/or all your best friends!
- Listen to your entire playlist. Before your wedding celebration, listen to your playlist all the way through. Make sure there are no long gaps, moments of silence, or awkward transitions.
- Stay true to your musical taste. The best part about creating a DIY playlist is that it can truly reflect you and your fiancé’s love story, so don’t hold back and pick the tunes that will make the night even more special.
When the big day comes, whether music is played by professionals or by a music app, Ball Conference Center is a beautiful venue to dance the night away in. Check us out here!