The theme of the wedding will set the tone for both the ceremony and the reception. There are ways to have a very obvious theme, and ways that a theme is more a feeling than it is anything else. Colors and decór are what really established a theme. Almost any wedding theme is possible with appropriate planning and the right considerations. If you’re looking for a starting point, however, here are some fun and romantic themes that can give you some direction.
- Rustic or Country – This theme allows for a cheaper venue since you can get married at your uncle’s ranch or even in your own backyard. Think open air, burlap and twine; add mason jars and tea lights. Bouquets can be wildflowers, and your wedding party could even wear boots!
- Vintage – You can find lace or any necessary fabrics at fairly low costs from fabric stores; this theme also allows you to borrow items from family and friends to recreate classic looks.
- Holiday – The great thing about a holiday themed wedding like Christmas is that much of the decor is already in place or at least cheap and readily available! From lights to themed bakery goods, the options and opportunities are everywhere!
- Whimsical or Bohemian – Choose a unique venue like a library or a museum and opt for alternative décor like balloons or mismatched chairs or whatever fits your theme; serve finger foods or tacos or just have a dessert bar. This is such a fun wedding theme
because you can tailor the details to suit you just right!
- Romantic Garden Party – Imagine hanging lights, a lot of florals, and an outdoor venue maybe even in gardens! With an emphasis on sustainability, you can cut out plastic décor and use recycled paper for invites. Use less altogether and focus on plants, simple glassware, and dreamy lights. Atmosphere is everything.
- Travel – Name your tables by destinations or focus on your history together; if you come from different cities, that can certainly be a fun element! Use luggage tags as place cards; borrow globes and books for destination dreams!
- Animals – If you’re an animal lover, you could use your own pet in the ceremony (ring bearer, perhaps?). Stuffed animals make for simple décor that’s kid friendly; look into a simple stamp set for invites or place cards. You could also consider advertising for your local pet adoption shelter or your favorite charity on the back of your program.
Focus on the important elements of your ceremony and reception; plan wisely; and a little flexibility and creativity will go a long way! Whatever wedding theme you choose to go with, there are plenty of ways to save money and still throw the wedding of your dreams! Contact us today at Ball Conference Center to see how we can make your wedding themes come true!