If you’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing a Casany Décor wedding, you already know that Sandra Ordaz, the owner, creates breathtaking decor and unforgettable ambiance for every event she touches.
We had the chance to talk with Sandra about how she got her start in the wedding world, the creative way she came up with her business name and her favorite trends and tips for your big day. Learn more about Sandra and Casany Décor below.
When and how did you get started in the event décor/florist world? After a major company layoff with the company that I was working for, I decided to go on my own and be my own boss. I went back to school and educated my self on how to start a business of my own, how to work with fresh flowers and silks. I had a great instructor that gave me the push needed by inviting me to help her in wedding events outside of school. At this time, I was told I had an eye, and the creativity to be on my own. I started my business in 2012 and decided to name my business after the girls of our Family, “C” Cynthia (daughter) – “A” Alexandra (daughter) and, when I was child my family would call me “SANY” (short for Sandra), that is how Casany Décor was born.
- Other than weddings, what types of events do you do? We love doing Quinceañeras, (15 year birthday celebration), graduations, baby showers and corporate events. Weddings of course are a big part of our events, we also feel lucky to be favored by smaller communities such as Indian, Pakistan and Latin for weddings.
- What are your favorite trends in décor and floral right now? Colors? Bold colors, warm tones, like yellow, toffee brown and burnt orange. Acrylic is going strong in 2020, charger plates, centerpieces, cake stands, even place cards, use them with flowers, candles and fresh citrus fruits. “Pampass grass” and greenery mixed together is totally in. A budget friendly idea would be that instead of round tops, use multiple tables pushed together to create a unique design.
- Can you share a tip or two for future Ball brides on their décor and flowers? I would love to share thousands of ideas and tips, but I believe that the most important thing is to remember, is that your wedding comes with thousands of decisions to make, remember that your wedding should be all about you and your partner. Find a décor florist that you feel comfortable to share all your fears, ideas, and creativity, she will be happy to help you through the process of decision making.
- You’ve been working at Ball Conference Center for some time. What makes you keep returning? It is always nice working at this venue, the staff is very helpful and friendly, the space is clean and in good condition, I would totally recommend it.
- Anything else you’d like to share? Every event is different, and your event may require customizing, feel free to ask for things outside of the box, you never know what two creative minds can do.
If you’re looking to work with a wedding pro in the Kansas City area that will make your event truly unforgettable, contact Sandra Ordaz to get started today! In search of a wedding venue? Contact us to set up a tour with Ball Conference Center today!