I have always loved documenting life. In high school and college, I was the only one of my friends who always had a camera with me, ready to capture all of life’s amazing moments. When my husband and I got married, we invested in our first expensive camera to take photos of our family and I instantly fell in love with the first snap. I particularly love photographing weddings because I enjoy capturing such a pure love between couples that is often so evident on their wedding day. I love documenting raw emotion between people. Your wedding day is one of the most special moments in your life. It is a day that you will think about and remember for years to come. I love experiencing those moments with people.
2) How long have you been taking photos? I have been taking photos for about three years now.
3) Are you a KC native? If not, where are you from? I am from Wichita, KS but moved to Kansas City about six years ago after graduating from K-State!
4) Why the Ball Conference Center? I love the Ball Conference Center in that it is a fantastic venue to have a wedding and reception.
5) What are you favorite features of the BCC? My favorite feature is the natural light in the entry way along with the beautiful set up for ceremonies and receptions.
6) Any funny wedding day photo shoot stories or moments? I can’t think of any at the moment 🙂
7) If you could photograph one famous person, who would it be and why? Actually…I would photograph Macklemore because he is so animated and has such a unique, interesting style. Plus I love his music!
8) How do you come up with creative pics? Inspiriation? I love giving people action items on their sessions. I like to try to make my clients feel comfortable so, a lot of times I will give them directive posing. But my goal is always to create an environment where my clients feel comfortable to show their true personalities and love for each other.
9) Favorite places to shoot in KC for couples? My favorite places to shoot in KC are the West Bottoms, 12th Street Bridge, and Loose Park.
Contact us today to discuss your wedding plans and to meet with Marissa!