With changing leaves and chilly days quickly approaching, fall brides need to prepare for the changing season! Autumn weddings are quickly growing in popularity over Spring and Summer weddings, and with that comes new challenges. Ensure that your special day is filled with fall bliss with these seven Autumn wedding tips and by booking the beautiful ballroom at Ball Conference Center! So bundle up, grab a mug of hot, apple cider and get ready for a fall wedding straight from the pages of a storybook.
- Come prepared: Chillier days can be unpredictable weather-wise, so make sure you have all your bases covered, especially when it comes to photos. Buy pretty cover-ups for you and your bridesmaids, have umbrellas, and a pair of cozy shoes to slip on later.
- Embrace nature’s backdrop: With the autumn colors turning everything a shade of gold, copper, ruby or emerald, you can get some spectacular images for your couple shoot in the great outdoors. Take advantage!
- But make group photos quick: When the weather outside is frightful, group photos can be far from delightful! It’s hard to get smiling faces from everyone when they’re feeling the chill. Keep the group shots to the main/essential ones so they don’t drag on for hours. Make sure you’re super organized by bringing in a friend or bridesmaid to direct things if needs be, or give your photographer a good list. Better yet, set up a lovely photo spot indoors.
- And plan for the light: It’s always a good idea to chat to your photographer before setting your timeline, especially if you’re looking for soft, dreamy, ‘golden hour’ photos. The light during autumn and winter can be extra challenging, so make the most of it by scheduling your photo session at the optimal time.
- Incorporate nature in your decor: It’s always a good idea to use flowers in season for your wedding, but autumn’s also a great time to use floral alternatives like greenery, pinecones and leaves, or fruits like pomegranates, apples, pumpkins and pears in your decor. Chat to your florist to come up with some creative ideas that work with your chosen palette.
- Serve comfort food: Here’s another great way to make guests feel welcome and toasty. Who doesn’t love a warming bowl of butternut soup, or mashed potato? If you’re having a fall wedding you MUST include a few fall food favorites, especially at the dessert table. We like the idea incorporating things like apple pie, pumpkin pie, and apple cider. Yum!
- Play with color: Something a lot of people tend to forget is that there are other fall colors besides orange and brown. We think this is a huge mistake because of the amazingly vast color palette the fall season has to offer. For example, if you’re more of a neutral girl, we love the idea of a fall wedding done in blush, gold, or champagne. For the bolder bride consider shades of cranberry, deep green, or lavender. Don’t limit your fall fairytale to the ordinary. Think outside the box and make your wedding uniquely you!
Whether you plan to serve your wedding guests creamy hot chocolate or take advantage of the warm, fall color palette, make your big day perfect with these seven Autumn wedding tips and Ball Conference Center’s elegant ballroom. For more information, call Michael Nicoski at Ball Event Center at (913) 322-4980. We look forward to showing you around and helping bring to life the fall wedding of your dreams!